As you pack for college it can be hard to know exactly what clothes to bring with you, especially if you are trying to limit it in order to fit everything into the dorm closets. I have put together a list of essential clothing pieces you will want to have in your college wardrobe. This includes casual pieces for class, formal wear for presentations or events, and warmer clothes for the cold weather.
1. Comfortable and Casual T-Shirts: Basic t-shirts and long sleeve shirts are a must-have for any casual, day-to-day outfit. You can wear these to class or on the weekend.
2. Sweaters/ Jumpers: It is important to have a good set of sweaters, especially for the colder months. Be sure not to pack too many as they take up a lot of space in your wardrobe!
3. Casual Pants: These are also a must-have for everyday wear.
4. Workout Gear: Some days it is nice to wear workout gear if you want to stop by the gym or go on a long walk between classes. You’ll want some running sneakers as well.
5. Casual Sneakers: These are great to pair with any outfit. You will wear them to class or to hang out with friends.
6. Formal Wear: You will want to have a few more formal/ dressy outfits. Depending on your classes, you may need to dress up for some class presentations or other university events.
7. Winter Coat: As the snow begins to fall and the temperatures drop, a big winter coat is essential for survival.
8. Winter Boots: These are also important for when it snows to keep you warm and make sure you don’t ruin any other shoes in the snow.
9. Hat and Sunglasses: When the sun is shining at the beginning and end of the school year, you will want to have a hat and sunglasses.
10. UC Spirit Gear: Your college wardrobe is not complete without some UC spirit gear. The UC bookstore has lots of different wardrobe pieces so that you can show your UC school spirit! Click here to shop online.
I hope this list helps you as you pack to move into college!