University of Cincinnati has a lot to offer in every aspect to benefit your future. One is that you can get a real job in a good company to gain experience and at the same time earn some money while you are still studying. UC plans different career fairs each semester for you to get involved and find a company that suits you according to your major.
In the fall, there is a career fair in mid-September which is divided between Professional Day and Technical Day. It is located at the Campus Recreation Center Gymnasium.
- Professional Day is for students focus in Business and Arts and Sciences. That day about 180 companies from a wide range of industries come to look for new employees.
- Technical day is for students focus in Engineering and Information Technology.
If you cannot make it in September, you have the opportunity to go at the end of October. This is a small fair located at Tangeman University Center. It offers you a variety of companies like:
- Airgas which is one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
- DHL Express is the world’s largest logistics company. They invest in their people, trains them to be the best they can be and allows them to grow by providing international opportunities.
- Honeywell is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that is focus on helping everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings.
This Spring, UC is holding a career fair February 11 to 13. It is going to be located at the Campus Recreation Center Gymnasium.
- Professional Day will be February 11 from 10 am to 3 pm. You will see companies such as:
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC supplies active safety technologies, air brake charging, and control systems. They will be looking for students on Business majors.
- Blue & Co., LLC is an accounting firm and it is ranked a top 60 CPA firm in the U.S. They work with a group of professionals who serve clients’ unique needs.
- Technological Day will be February 12 to 13 from 10 am to 3 pm. You will find companies like:
- AK Steel is a world leader in the production of flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products.
- American Bridge Company has projects of marine installations, the world’s large bridges, and other complex installations.
As a student at UC you can view who will be at the college fairs and who are offering co-op and internship opportunities on a website called UC Handshake.
These career fairs are very helpful for you to get involved in the workplace and know how it will be after graduation. You will gain experience. I highly recommend you assist to these career fairs.
Good Luck finding the perfect job when you become a UC student. You can do it!